• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding ?

luckdragon

5 Year Member
We will be using a leash next time we bring him out. Our little guy runs fast and we don't want to lose him! LOL

Gx3

5 Year Member
luckdragon said:
I know mine was in the pet store for while before we brought it home.

I used to work for a pet store and we carried tegus, savs, and a few other large lizards and they would grow EXTREMELY slow because they are fed only crickets with calcium/vitamins, which is likely the case with your tegu

luckdragon

5 Year Member
I read a lot of information and vitamin bottles that reference the Calcium Phosporous ratio 2:1. How do they get the phosphorous, is it through their diet or another vitamin supplement?

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
Phosphorus, is in all foods, basically their is too much phosphorus in most foods, thats why you need to add more calcium.

only use calcium w/phosphorus for herbavores.

fakeplasticlulu

5 Year Member
Hope I did this right, first post...

I also got an unusually small B&W from a shop recently. I'm sure she had to be from last summer so that puts her about 6-7 months and only 14" when I got her. They said they were only feeding her 3-4 times a week so I figured that was the main problem. She seemed in good health otherwise and was used to being handled so I couldn't leave the poor thing there. Now I usually feed her 2X a day and she put on about an inch in the first week. I usually give her some egg and turkey in the morning and then she likes to bask for a while. Then in the evening I give her just a little bit of something or a few crickets. She seems happy and is deficating accordingly so I figure it's not too much food.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029