• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

feeding

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can't force them. Sometimes it takes Guru 10-15 minutes before he eats if I decide to feed him outside of the enclosure. He's too excited and too busy checking everything out. How old is your tegu?

peaches

okay she is about 7-8 months old she is still confused of different food like i tryed to feed her fish today and she was licking it and all but never tried to eat it trying again tomorrow with fish and also liver

Sirhc401

Try to vary the food. Just like ppl I have noticed tegus have taste and sometimes prefer certain foods over others and want different foods

peaches

thats what im doing tomorrow i'm giving her ground turkey liver gizzards and fish and i will see what she like more s

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mixing it up is the best thing you can do. Not all of them enjoy the same things. One of mine won't touch any kind of liver so I have to be sneaky in how I offer it. Some of them won't start eating too much of a varied diet until they age a bit, yours seems to be a decent age. For example, hatchlings are carnivorous and wont always take fruits, as tegus get older some really seem to enjoy them.

peaches

okay yeah i cant wait til she puts on some pounds and length cause she is going to be one gorgeous tegu when shes big

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sometimes when new foods are introduced they wont recognize it as food and wont even try to sample it, i like rhetoricx's idea to mix it up so they at least might try it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu