• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finally A Nice Day!! With Pics

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Finally got a nice day here.. warm weather usually doesnt start until June, so I am quite thankful the sun is here early so I can get my reptiles out for some real D3, especially my tegu!!

Attachments

• firstdayoutside2009 003.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 4
  • firstdayoutside2009 004.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • firstdayoutside2009 008.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 2

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Continued...

Attachments

• firstdayoutside2009 011.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • firstdayoutside2009 012.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 4
  • firstdayoutside2009 013.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 3

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Awesome, if your tegu is still twiching after that real sun I honestly dont know what to tell you, after some real sun for a day the twiching should completely go away or atleast slow down greatly...keep getting him/her out there everyday that you can and you will see improvement.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
cool! i bet your animals loved that.

how hot should it be before i take my bearded dragon outside? should i take my temp gun outside to get surface temp or should i see what the air temp is?

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
I finally see no more twitching in his toes :app yayyy!!
His walking is still terrible though.. BUT, unlike some lizards with MBD who cant pick themselves up off the ground, he is able to lift himself up, and believe me, he can run fast when he wants too. So.. there is hope :-D I will be sure to get him outside every nice day we have.

I just have to figure out what antibiotic will get rid of the infection causing his vent to swell and smell bad.. any ideas on what antibiotics work for tegus would be great. I will be taking him to the vet next week.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
how hot should it be before i take my bearded dragon outside? should i take my temp gun outside to get surface temp or should i see what the air temp is?

It was only about 12 degrees C here today and very windy.. not very warm, but sun kept the pavement warm, so I took them out for about half an hour and they were fine.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
is this calculation correct? 12 degree Celsius = 53.6 degree Fahrenheit

its 73F and sunny here today. so im guessing that it would be okay to take fluffy outside for a little while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz