• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

finally got her

i got my red tegu today and decided to name her maroon but she isnt in the greatest health missing quite a few toes other than that shes nice and has amazing colors but she really isnt hungry probably the stress of being shipped i plan on posting pics if i can find my camera:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

im gonna take her to the vet tomorrow and see if everythings alright she seems to have one watery eye other then that shes adorable snuggled into my jacket when we were watching south park lol

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Just some standard advice you should follow, especially since it has health issues apparently, you always should let the animal adjust for a few days to a week. Especially since it's a young animal that clearly has a past of marginal care or trauma depending on the cause of loss of toes. Also, if she's not eating again you should not be handling her. And when a young animal is merely sitting there in your lap the first day you get it, it could definitely be a negative sign.

ok so today she looks a little better moving around more and her eye isnt watering anymore but heatherN i dont know where from but they obviously didnt take good care of her because of the toes being gone except a few but i want to make her life way better from this point :D

i got her from this petshop on the boulevard and they do like if the animal isnt anywhere they will find one get it for u (thats how i got monstruo lol) but i guess they didnt check were they got her
P.S the people who own the store are family friends so i dont think they meant to get a tegu without the greatest help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz