• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

for you snake owners

wyattroa

5 Year Member
I have notice that a bunch of people that own multiple snakes tend to keep them in a rack system. just multiple tubs set up on each other.

People also do this with some smaller lizards. How good is this for them. I would think just secluding them to a small bin isnt that great..But i have never owned a snake. If you have this. do you take the snakes out of the tubs or bins to get out for a while?
robert

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
There is a heater called a Helix heater and you run heat tape or wire, not exactly sure through the rack and it is a thermostat as well so it regulates the temp. Not much for viewing purposes though. They are great for breeding though

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
I wouldn't have an animal that i couldn't give a proper home to. I think people that just buy a bunch of animals to say they have them and put them in those small containers are just ridiculous.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Racks are a great way to maximize your area.. They come in all range of sizes just like terrariums come in all sizes.. A person who keeps snakes in too small rack system would probably do the same using terrariums so you can't blame that one on the rack. You can basically do anything with a tub that you can with an aquarium the only real difference is viewing pleasure for the keeper. The habitants even feel more secure because they don't see every little movement on the outside that glass would otherwise show them.

Herplings

5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
Racks are a great way to maximize your area.. They come in all range of sizes just like terrariums come in all sizes.. A person who keeps snakes in too small rack system would probably do the same using terrariums so you can't blame that one on the rack. You can basically do anything with a tub that you can with an aquarium the only real difference is viewing pleasure for the keeper. The habitants even feel more secure because they don't see every little movement on the outside that glass would otherwise show them.

Yep.

Not to mention, easier to heat, holds better humidity, more escape proof. The list goes on and on.

kaa

5 Year Member
The small tubs make the snake feel more secure, they like small tight areas. If a snake could sit under a rock, and stay at the proper temp in the wild, and food was just offered to it on a regular basis, it would prolly never move. My snakes don't eat when they are in a big open enclosure. Maybe that is just mine. I have never kept a lizard in a small tub, so idk if it would effect it much.

kpelzer

5 Year Member
yeah i got a blood python and they love tight small areas, they dont move much, but yeah i still take him out everyday, i cant imagine a rack would be good for a lizard thou. most snakes like cramped cages, and almost everyone i know uses tubs for their snakes for the reason listed in above posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz