• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fox meat? (Yes, I am serious.)

Kali

My grandfather occasionally has to shoot foxes to protect his poultry, its dirty business that he has no pleasure in doing - but as he has to conserve his own animals, and property.

Most times, they are scared off or deterred by the fences - but occasionally, they just become a relentless threat.

Although the circumstances are understandable - I hate seeing animals die, but what I hate more is seeing hunted/shot animals go to waste, as I feel like it was a "waste of death."

What I was wondering, would there be risk involved with incorporating their "meat" into my tegu's diet? Yes, it's weird and nasty but bear with me - it's free and un-wasteful.

Guman

Some people will freeze, thaw, and feed to help decrease the chance of parasites. If the tagu will eat the meat why not? Anyway, you could grind parts of the bone, organs, and hair. To make a complete meal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont