• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

General Food Inquiry - Online Ordering, Etc...

5HiddenLizards

I see that many of you order from Hare Today...
Where else do you get your tegu's food from?

I have a local source where I get frozen mice from, but in regard to other whole food items...what would be best?

Could I get certain things from the local Asian "markets" around here? Or would that put too many questions in regard to how "clean" or "safe" the food is? Do you get any meats from the grocery store? Or is that not recommended?

I do have some frozen silversides that I get from the pet stores, but I feed those sparingly to the monitors & tegu, mainly because they aren't fond of the fishy smell...

Any suggestions or information will be appreciated!
Thanks!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can get tegu food almost anywhere, nice thing about these guys.

Fruits can be found at any super market along with talpia, shrimp eggs, chicken wings/necks/drum stick/breast meat, ground meat (I personal do not recommend this), gizzards, liver.

Asian market food is safe for humans and tegus so that opens up a lot of new food items. Things like crawfish, frog legs, rabbit, quail eggs and duck just make sure there isn't too much salt in the processing and nothing else is open.

As for whole ground animal, look for a raw dog food provider. Many will have whole ground rabbit, quail, chicken etc. The difference between this and what you find at the store is that what is in the store is just muscle ground dog food is muscle, bone, organ and in some cases fur and feather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214