• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Get a lizard... lose a lizard... less than one hour

TwiztedMarine

Soo... I ordered a black and gold columbian from reptilecity the day before yesterday
it came in today. Here is a link to the unboxing

ANYWAY...

After it was DROPPED by a scared female who proceeded to sit and watch it run
through the house, it found a hole in between the cabinet and the dishwasher
and has decided it prefers that spot to its enclosure. We have moved the dishwasher
and searched and cannot find it and i have no idea how to coax it out!

Please tell me it will come out when it is hungry to look for food???

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new tegu. Hopefully she comes out ASAP. Could it have gotten into the cabinetry behind the dishwasher? Tough to say where it may have gone, probably in search of heat/warmth. If you put out some water and some fruit and ground turkey or something it will hopefully coax her out. Be sure to keep us updated on what happens!

marydd

My gu decide to crawl in the tiny space between two cabinets. I got her out with a mouse. She was so far back I had to tie string around the mouse and tease her with it. I have to warn you. ... try not to let your gu grab it before guy get if out. My gu got ahold of it and tore it in half. So i had to coax her out the rest is the way with half a mouse. It was discussing. Good luck! Let is know if you find him soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu