• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Give me some ideas

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I was thinking there should be a link on the side for Noobs and how to set up their cages for the first time. The link should be to a page where only mods can add or subtract from it. The page could include a simplified light set up diagram, a few pics of cage design, a post of the food list, You knoww? A sorta one click thing. The page would be all just set up for noobs So we can direct people with re-occuring questions to one place instead of going on a rabbit hunt through out the site for this info. Yeah that's it Basic Start-up Guide for the Noobs and you could call the page that too 8)

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
oh and this is the diagram I've been using for an example of light placement from over-head view
typicallayout.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
I was thinking there should be a link on the side for Noobs and how to set up their cages for the first time. The link should be to a page where only mods can add or subtract from it. The page could include a simplified light set up diagram, a few pics of cage design, a post of the food list, You knoww? A sorta one click thing. The page would be all just set up for noobs So we can direct people with re-occuring questions to one place instead of going on a rabbit hunt through out the site for this info. Yeah that's it Basic Start-up Guide for the Noobs and you could call the page that too 8)
That's a good idea! The only problem is there are many variations of how to set up an enclosure or tank. Maybe show a few variations. That'll be something to work on over the winter!

Right now the format of the site can't be changed or the site crashes. Bobby needs to move it to another host and get a programmer to work with him. I'm pretty sure he's working on that though.

We could have a "Start Here" section with the basic topics.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I agree about the variations. I meant a generalized set up for beginers to take from. They can use the page as a reference on what needs to be done. Then, using that knowledge create their own. And I would encourage creativity aswell. And since there are already a food list post by PuffDragon, and you have you're step-by-step cage build-up, and the lighting explanation it would be easy to just move those posts to the page and add a few more things. But I would lock the page from people being alowed to post on it. If someone had something to add, it should have to be presented to a moderator, so that fact verification could be performed, then updates to page can go from there. I just think it needs to be locked so that it doesn't get all filled up with posts, which in turn confuses the learner.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
I agree about the variations. I meant a generalized set up for beginers to take from. They can use the page as a reference on what needs to be done. Then, using that knowledge create their own. And I would encourage creativity aswell. And since there are already a food list post by PuffDragon, and you have you're step-by-step cage build-up, and the lighting explanation it would be easy to just move those posts to the page and add a few more things. But I would lock the page from people being alowed to post on it. If someone had something to add, it should have to be presented to a moderator, so that fact verification could be performed, then updates to page can go from there. I just think it needs to be locked so that it doesn't get all filled up with posts, which in turn confuses the learner.
I think that's a great idea!

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
I Thinks a link like what you have at the bottom of the page for the forum index/topic would be great on the top too.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
I'm 100% with dave, we need a plain color scheme, whenever i get caught wasting time, its when i'm surfing here. the black scheme, just attracts attention.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kharnifex said:
I'm 100% with dave, we need a plain color scheme, whenever i get caught wasting time, its when i'm surfing here. the black scheme, just attracts attention.
That's not going to happen. Bobby likes this one only.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam