• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gold Tegus ?!?!

fisherman

5 Year Member
While at the local pet store the other day picking up some food for my BP and new acquired tree frog, I was browsing the pitiful reptile selection. (not to buy, just to see what was new.)

I checked the pretty little BP's then the geckos. And I came upon the next way too small cage, The sign said "Gold Tegu: $159.95" I've done a bit of researched and never heard of a Gold Tegu. Is this real, or just a pet store scam. Or is it another name for a different kind. I'm short, and the tank was towards the top so I couldn't really see if there were animals in it or not, and if there were, what they looked like.

Thanks,
fisherman

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A Gold Tegu is just another name for a Colombian Tegu (Tupinambis Teguixin). You can purchase them online for $30. The name is not a scam but the price definitely is IMO.

scarecrow

5 Year Member
being columbian, they're apt to be aggressive too. That's the concensus I've heard. Not the type of pet to expect a friend out of.

Zelera

5 Year Member
scarecrow said:
being columbian, they're apt to be aggressive too. That's the concensus I've heard. Not the type of pet to expect a friend out of.

You got that right, i had one and i could not calm her down for nothing. but she got some what better over time.but i still had to hold her.

argus333

5 Year Member
ya i agree i had one when i was a kid that lived for 15 yrs . but on the other hand he was always kind of mean. but a great pet and great friend i learned so much from this lizard. his cage was the 1st cage i built although he always got out. back then knobody was making lizard friendly cages all there was was expensive glass tanks. i loved that guy.

fisherman

5 Year Member
thanks for clearing that up guys. I wasn't looking into getting one, I just wondered. And when I get one, I'd rarely get a reptile at a pet store anyways, always from a breeder.

fisherman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu