• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Good day to all!!

Furf

Hey all my name is Chris and I have just committed myself to a Tegu.

I have been lurking around this forum for a few years always wanted a tegu and things were just not right. Well I live in Orlando and we have a cool shop here that got older tegu in I am told that he is 3. And they call him Phsyco, me I call him Spock. He is mean and I like him. He has been here for about two months and half the staff is afraid to take him out. So I think to my self Spock needs some loving so I have decided that I want him. Over the past week I have gone to the pet store after work and spent an hour or so with him. The first two days I took him out ands held him letting him freak out and stress and death toll and scratch the hell out of my arms. Then realizing why the hell am I forcing him to spend time with me. So what I am doing now is I go in open his cage and sit next to his cage for an hour a day. Now when I say he is aggressive and mean. They could not clean his cage with out him lunging.

Day 5 today. I go in everyday around 5pm. Today I open his cage start talking to him and rest my forearm in the door way. Spock comes over tastes me with his young three or four times and then. Turns around and goes back to sleep. Now me I am going to test for some trust. And I try to pet his tail. Huff and puff. I tell him to relax its just me. ( as I am typing this I am thinking I am a bit crazy) but he lays back down so over the course of an hour I get to pet his tail to his rear legs and that's it. When I stop he got up to look if I was still there. I tell him I am and continue to run his tail. Now this pet store has people in and out of it. This entire time and they are thinking I am nuts to deal with this monster. He is about 4 feet in length is maybe a bit bigger. But nope I feel a bond with him. So I keep at it. At this point he is asleep and I start cleaning out a few little poos that I see in there. He looks at me and just goes back to bed. Anyway. I have put a deposit in him to hold him. I will bring him home in two weeks on my next paycheck and in the meantime I will continue to visit him daily and build him a cage. I am not afraid of him but I do respect him and the power in the jaws and tail. My arms currently have my roommate worried that I am a cutter. I am glad that I have waited for the right tegu because Spock has called out to me. Anyway here is a pic of him or her.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu