• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Good place to purchase my first tegu?

Byrns149

5 Year Member
What is a good place to buy my first tegu online. Im looking for either a black and white or a red. Ive checked kingsnake.com and Faunaclassifieds but i cant find any nice ones. Also what time of year do tegus produce offspring? I would like to get a baby.

kellen.watkins

Teguterra is a decent place. Varnyard-herps usually is too but been sketchy lately. Underground reptiles has reds as well. Tegus hatch out from about end of june- end of july for black and whites and end of july-september for reds

got10

There is a fella on kingsnake that is catching and selling florida caught tegus . My friend bought one from him and the lizard was actually tamed down complete in a month . I will get the name for you if you want it.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
got10 said:
There is a fella on kingsnake that is catching and selling florida caught tegus . My friend bought one from him and the lizard was actually tamed down complete in a month . I will get the name for you if you want it.

Was it Outback Reptiles?

I recommend teguterra.

OsiViper

I got my B&W from teguterra and johnny was very helpful and nice.
He was very careful to ship him on a day where it was good and warmer weather as not to hurt him. And Gummy seems very healthy and active and he's been very easy to tame.

got10

TeguBuzz said:
got10 said:

Was it Outback Reptiles?

I recommend teguterra.

i checked . It was outback .

kellen.watkins

He didn't handle his bad season very well though. Me personally kinda sketchy now knowing if he has a bad season what might happen. Not gonna lie though he is an amazing breeder. And I thank him very much fr vanilla :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im sure its more to the story than what we know, yes he is, i have owned 6 tegu from him all amazing, i may get an aa one day

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know what is going on with Bobby. I still highly recommend his tegus. I've had two and they are beautiful.

Watch out for those selling FL wild caught tegus. Some are selling them in misrepresented ads, ie the Argentine is really a Colombian, etc and sold as a B/W. I don't know anything about Outback though.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it legal for them to sell the WC Florida tegus? I'm pretty sure the Burmese pythons that are caught have to be euthanized, but what about the tegus?

got10

laurarfl said:
I don't know what is going on with Bobby. I still highly recommend his tegus. I've had two and they are beautiful.

Watch out for those selling FL wild caught tegus. Some are selling them in misrepresented ads, ie the Argentine is really a Colombian, etc and sold as a B/W. I don't know anything about Outback though.

Thanks . Good to know

james.w said:
Is it legal for them to sell the WC Florida tegus? I'm pretty sure the Burmese pythons that are caught have to be euthanized, but what about the tegus?

No I have seen people selling the pythons caught there as well. But, to only outside of Fla addresses though.

Aden

I'm going to buy tegu online...much informative.
this will be helpful for me...thanks for everything...

go to a petstore and request yours i got my first tegu 4 months ago and i thought i would have to wait forever but after a week the petstore found me one and i got my tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu