• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got a Suri!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
On Saturday I stopped into a local pet store to get some crickets, that normally has a good supply of reptiles at high prices, and found they were selling a Columbian Tegu as a B&W Argentine. I pointed it out to a couple of people and left with the crickets. After our son's baseball game we went back with one of our Blue Tegu's to straighten them out. It turns out they had gotten in (3) and they sent the other (2) to their other store. The kid we were talking to had a baby boa in his hands. A SURINAME BOA!! A very light tan with nice saddles and the usual killer tail. They had another that was darker but the lighter one was stunning! They had only had it since Wednesday but he said it had already eaten a F/T hopper. We know the kid fairly well since we go there often so we believed him. I've always wanted one. I recently traded a B&W Arg. Tegu for a female 5.5ft Dumeril Boa and figured that would be my med/large boa. Until this!! Yes, we dropped payment on the little beauty!!! We picked him (probe verified male) up Sunday after I setup a tank. We had everything we needed to setup a 20G breeder tank but the tank has a hole in the screen so I had to go to Home Depot.

I'll hit ya hard with the first pic.

IMG_0184_.jpg

IMG_0198_.jpg

One more time!!

IMG_0203_.jpg

IMG_0207_.jpg

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
my gosh...he's GORGEOUS. I want, I want, I want. lol. If only mom would let me keep snakes. lol. If I may ask...how much did you pay for him/

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
BEAUTIFUL snake! I have an adult suriname red tail boa, and her tail is just as bright even though she is 6 feet long. I believe she is a female (she was sold to me as female) but since she is so tiny I wonder if she is a male lol.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CoexistExotics said:
Oh and BTW, where did you get it? I know you live by me so I would assume All Pets Club or Slither n Swim lol
No, we got it at PETCO.

NOT!!!!

Good guess. All Pets. There prices are normally high but this one wasn't too high, equivalent to buying and having it shipped. And you don't see too many much better than this one!

We've never bought a reptile from Slither & Swim (kind of expensive), we sometimes buy feeders but mostly just go to look, they have the best selection I've ever seen! That's the first place I ever saw a Tegu!!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
That is one pretty snake. I used to have some Guyanas that were really cool. But the tail on that is is really nice. That white makes the red stand out more.
Looks like I've got a boa person to chat with now. Now we need to get you a couple of Burms and a few retics and we can really havfe some fun. I think I'm the only person om this site that doesn't own a Tegu. LOL I have 10 Burms ,2 Retics, 2 Albino Boas and 2 Dwarf stripe Boas. The only lizards I have are Leos and Cresteds. So I am glad to see more snake people.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
That is one pretty snake. I used to have some Guyanas that were really cool. But the tail on that is is really nice. That white makes the red stand out more.
Looks like I've got a boa person to chat with now. Now we need to get you a couple of Burms and a few retics and we can really havfe some fun. I think I'm the only person om this site that doesn't own a Tegu. LOL I have 10 Burms ,2 Retics, 2 Albino Boas and 2 Dwarf stripe Boas. The only lizards I have are Leos and Cresteds. So I am glad to see more snake people.
We started with a bearded dragon, then a veiled chameleon, ball python, the BRB, and last year we started with a baby B&W Tegu after seeing Rick's video. Then 3 adult Tegus followed. Recently the young Tegu was traded for a Dumeril boa (wanted a bigger snake) and now the Suri.

Burms & Retics are NOT in our future!!! Even though Burms are absolutely beautiful and have a great temperament (as long as you don't smell like food). Our basement looks like a mausoleum with all of the big wooden boxes! If we got another big snake I'd be forced to move my desk into the laundry room!

I doubt you're the only one without a Tegu but I'm sure most are planning on getting one.

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
CoexistExotics said:
Oh and BTW, where did you get it? I know you live by me so I would assume All Pets Club or Slither n Swim lol
No, we got it at PETCO.

NOT!!!!

Good guess. All Pets. There prices are normally high but this one wasn't too high, equivalent to buying and having it shipped. And you don't see too many much better than this one!

We've never bought a reptile from Slither & Swim (kind of expensive), we sometimes buy feeders but mostly just go to look, they have the best selection I've ever seen! That's the first place I ever saw a Tegu!!

Yea I like All Pets Club. I'm buddies with a guy at the Wallingford store :). They are a little high, but I have gotten some decent deals there :). I never bought an animal from Slither and Swim either, theyre really expensive, even for supplies, but I get all my feeders there, especially the live hoppers for my stubborn american bullfrogs (they won't eat anything that doesn't move).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CoexistExotics said:
Yea I like All Pets Club. I'm buddies with a guy at the Wallingford store :).
It may have been the guy we bought the Suri from. Young, short, thin, with a stud in his lower lip?? I think he's Andrew?? My wife knows his name but I'm not sure. Good kid.

We're in there at least twice a week.

Did you get to hold the baby female green anaconda last year??? That thing was HOT!!

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
CoexistExotics said:
Yea I like All Pets Club. I'm buddies with a guy at the Wallingford store :).
It may have been the guy we bought the Suri from. Young, short, thin, with a stud in his lower lip?? I think he's Andrew?? My wife knows his name but I'm not sure. Good kid.

We're in there at least twice a week.

Did you get to hold the baby female green anaconda last year??? That thing was HOT!!

Haha same kid! His name is Allen, not Andrew. I am there pretty often myself, maybe we'll run into each other one day lol. And I didn't get to hold the green anaconda, I only moved up to CT in January, and sadly I am moving back to New York in 2 months :(. I will be back to visit though, and probably once college is over I will move back. I just love it up there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus