• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

got bit.

johnyb

Before everyone goes crazy.. Yes i know this is directly my fault.
She would not eat, harley ever or anything no matter what and never out side of the cage dispite my multiple attempts. it was too the point where she was getting very skinny i just had to feed her in her cage... Now she has a big appetite and eats almost when ever and whatever.

This is now turning into a bad case of cage aggression (only when food is around) and needs to be reversed.

here is a vid you might enjoy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4422573683979

elmo

johnyb said:
Before everyone goes crazy.. Yes i know this is directly my fault.
She would not eat, harley ever or anything no matter what and never out side of the cage dispite my multiple attempts. it was too the point where she was getting very skinny i just had to feed her in her cage... Now she has a big appetite and eats almost when ever and whatever.

This is now turning into a bad case of cage aggression (only when food is around) and needs to be reversed.

here is a vid you might enjoy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4422573683979

awe we didnt get to see her bite u or the blood. sounds like it hurt tho! she quick!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol... "Ow" :).
I would say start feeding her outside of the cage. I don't know if you use the same bowl or not but they can and do recognize it when you do. Also if she was use to eating live food that she had to chase down, the smell of food and your hand moving could have also triggered it.

johnyb

Yea she knows the plate, and i deff have to start feeding out side the cage!
We feed her frozen food but she always gets excited when she sees it coming in.. today a litte too excited perhaps

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Try going into the cage several times a day and doing other things besides feeding. Whenever I go into Gwangi's cage, the first thing I do is pet him and rub his back. Then I either clean or do cage maintenance or feed him. He does know the bowl, but I can put it in front of him or take it away with no food aggression. Don't let your tegu think that every time the cage opens, it means food. Gwangi jumps on my shoulder most every time I open the top. He knows that riding on my shoulder means free roam time in the living room.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Grrrr.jealousy.niles goes "hmf wha? " and goes back to sleep. Damn hibernation...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

johnyb

So this morning.. shes ready to eat again looking around and giving me the im hungry face.. so what i didwas open the top and began to mist her and the cage wich threw her off a little. she closed her eyes and enjoyed the mist then i started petting her. took her out and then fed her after a little while of running around on the bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu