• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Growing Up Too Fast

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Lucky did his first barrel roll in my hand today. :doh

Therefore, he's also learning how to get away from me too fast lol.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
remember they usually kinda spaz out if all four legs arn't spported, and to me it seems they don't like to be held vertically like bearded dragons, they want to be horizontal.

lol, you prolly know that allready, honestly i don't really enjoy holding groxy, her claws are sharp and she shreds my arms without even trying.

dorton

5 Year Member
I agree with the clawing, and Dave will tell you the cons of it, but mine love to use my shoulder as a perch. Really seems to calm them down.

hoosier

5 Year Member
yeah the claws hurt lol my boy seems to think the top of my head is a perch and tries to get up there every time hes out. it was cute when he was smaller but now is 8lbs and it kind hurts. :lol:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can't be a Tegu owner without a few "battle" scars!!! I have very few scratches on my arms at the moment. Very unusual. We'll have to get some tomorrow!!

They do like perching. Most of our reptiles to. Many like to sit on my head. It's probably a dominance thing.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Today I was laying down with Lucky and then he ran onto my face and sat on my forehead until I moved him lol. I can't imagine him doing that when he's full grown; he'll claw my eyes out. :mrgreen:

ashesc212

5 Year Member
That is his newest thing...climbing up to my shoulder and then on top of my head. He's gotta be a male, he's always trying to be in control lol. Anyway, sometimes he tries to leap off so he's making me a nervous wreck.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Lucky is now 17.25" long! I think he grew almost two inches in the past week and a half! I'll try to take some pics. He just shed again. He sheds about once a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu