• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

handling and other issue

Ellorathered1

My red, every time I take her out always wants to run away. I had 2 beardies that could be held literally for hours without them moving, but I can't even hold my red tegu (replaced beardies) for 10 minutes without her squirming and trying to run. I just don't know what to do to tame her. Also I've noticed that some of her fingers seem swollen and looks like two of the nails don't seem very well connected to the finger. please help

Thank you,
Ellorathered1

got10

sounds like she needs to see a vet and a good soaking for the feet.
How long have you had her ?

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like she could have some ringing on her toes. It's layers of stuck shed(humidity probably too low) cutting off circulation. Sometimes it builds up to the point that you have to manually remove it if you aren't providing enough humidity. As for the taming, patience is your best friend. Most GUs come around with very little effort if you're patient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheltie4x4