• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Maryland

ScottSutt

Hey all!

In a few years, I'll be buying a Caiman Lizard. Tegu Talk has the best information about them from what I can find. Especially THIS awesome post. I say "in a few years" because my wife and I are dedicated to doing this right the first time and building a zoo quality enclosure. Caiman Lizards need a very special enclosure, and so this is a totally custom build. I've gotten in touch with two companies: Cages By Design and ATM (The guys from Animal Planet's "Tanked" show).

I've sent them designs and I'm waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I need more quotes and more idea. This cage is going to have it all:

-5 feet wide, 4 feet deep, 6 feet tall.
-2 feet of water.
-Land area with substrate and hide raised above the water to maximize water area.
-Branches to climb (and of course he's going to need a hammock).
-SUPER heavy duty filtration system.
-Drain running into my house's plumbing.
-Lighting/heating.
-Ventilation.
-Webcam so I can watch him while away from home.

So two things I'd love to hear back from you, the experts. One, do you have any improvements? Any other ideas that could make better this enclosure to be. And two, do you know of companies who are capable of building it? Preferably in the mid-atlantic US region.

Thanks so much for any responses and most importantly for providing me with all the info and education on Tegu Talk!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu