• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello

G

So my name is Ali and I'm really just wondering about our Tegu, Maximus.

My husband loves tegus, he has had a Columbian and an Argentine before (both b&w), his Columbian was his bestest friend and he had him for about 6 years until he died of a tumor before I met him. He had a sub adult Argentine that he gave away before his move across the country. He always bought his tegus from breeders. After about 5 years of being together, tegu-less, a good friend of ours' father was moving and needed a good home for his "blue" tegu, so of course we offered, and my husband was ecstatic. So I've figured out that he's truly an argentine (which I thought all blues are), but I really don't think he's blue. I've googled photos and I honestly can't tell the difference, I think he's b&w, and my friends dad was mis-informed, because he got the tegu for free form a 3rd party that the owner worked through (long story). It doesn't REALLY matter, we love Max just the same, I'd just like to know. Here's a few photos of him, he was skinner than my husband prefers when we got him, so we're working on getting some cute jowls on him.

DSC_8618.jpg

DSC_8616.jpg

DSC_8615.jpg

DSC_8597.jpg

DSC_8594.jpg

G

B/W, Blue, Argentine, Columbian... it doesn't matter so long as you guys love him. ;) I'm glad you guys picked up on the skinny thing. I'm sure with regular, healthy feedings he'll pack on the pounds. At first, I thought it might have been a B/W as well, but in the last pic, there does seem to be some definite light blue markings, especially on the sides. I've been told that the Blues can be lumped into three coloring groups; powder blues, platinums, and high whites. Perhaps yours is a B/W/Blue combo...?

G

thank you, thats interesting. yea honestly we couldn't care less, but we'd like to know what we're talking about when people ask.

im working on not being so scared of him. :oops: haha, i work in a shelter with abused and neglected pit bulls, and i'll go up to those dogs any day before i go and hold Max. Dont get me wrong, i love him, and i like to go sit and talk nice to him...but i have a hard time knowing what he's thinking. I'd really like him to chill on my shoulder like he does for everyone else, so i'm working on it. :lol:

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks like an argentine B&W to me, and I'm with Nordica, put some meat on those bones!! Welcome to the forums btw, It's a great place to learn and share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu