• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help. best foods to rehab starved tegu

businessbethany

Got Loki back today from some idiot who starved him for God knows how long! I gave him to said guy about six months ago the guy seemed very genuine and knowledgable and I believed he was going to a great home. Unfortunately I was terribly misled. He has no desire to eat and ignores everything just closes his eyes. I have force fed him three goldfish I figured they will slide down easy. I'm trying not to give him too much food at once as to not shock his body. Any advice will be much appreciated. And never again will he be rehomed! I feel awful... People suck!!

N8bub

Whole ground prey. It's got everything he needs yet is easy to force feed until he gets his feet under him. Keep him hydrated, humidity up, calcium supplement, and a good uvb bulb. I hope he starts to feel better!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Got Loki back today from some idiot who starved him for God knows how long! I gave him to said guy about six months ago the guy seemed very genuine and knowledgable and I believed he was going to a great home. Unfortunately I was terribly misled. He has no desire to eat and ignores everything just closes his eyes. I have force fed him three goldfish I figured they will slide down easy. I'm trying not to give him too much food at once as to not shock his body. Any advice will be much appreciated. And never again will he be rehomed! I feel awful... People suck!!
A squirt of egg from a syringe and a lot of warmth and UV. Still, might consider a run to the vet as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu