• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help (found tegu)

Danni

Hello I just acquired what I think may be a black and white Tegu.it showed up in my backyard a day ago. I am trying to find it's owner but in the mean time it's currently living in my bathtub with the heat lamp going...She is currently shedding and I've offered her multiple food items such as ground turkey various fruits and meal worms.. I am not sure when last meal was but was wondering if anyone can offer some advice to entice it to eat
Thanks

purplewombat

Is your foundling not eating? What size and condition? Sammy eats so many things, but I would say whole food items like mice, chicks, worms are his favorite (other than Wendy's three berry Frosty). I cook all food, whole or otherwise, just enough to sterilize it, to minimize exposure to bacteria. I also add Reptivite and calcium supplements to all meals.
Hopefully others with more experience weigh in.
Good luck with her(?) (Sammy started as Samantha, but he made it clear that was incorrect).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArgentineEmmett