• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi from FL

aceoflizards

Hello! My name is Lyndsey and I am from Florida born and raised. I just started keeping reptiles three years ago but it will be four coming up in August. My first reptile was a leopard gecko and since then I have been branching out, trying to learn about the species that fascinate me the most. If I am lucky enough to get to work with some of those species in the future I will consider myself a blessed person that can be laid to rest satisfied when my time comes.

Tegus in particular are one of those animals, and just last year on July 24th after 2+ years of learning all that I possibly could about them I was allowed to bring one into my life and it has not been the same since. I love all of my scaly children very much and each one is special to me in their own way but with Romeo, my tegu, I felt like his entrance into my life has kind of set me on course for how it is going to move forward. These animals are so very important to me and I just can't imagine a future without them.

Boy does that sure sound sappy ahahaha. Anyway, here are some photos of the wonderful little beings I almost rambled too much about

Joy, my first reptile ever. She is a mack snow leopard gecko, and is coming up on 3 years old
tegutalkpic_zpseamnox3g.png

Angela, my second reptile and very first snake. She is a sumatran short tailed python and is over 2 and a half years old
tegutalkpic_zpsmrrblxox.png

Basilis is my rescue boy and is an 11 year old ball python. He was purposefully underfed and I am working on bulking him up to a good weight
tegutalkpic_zpsfipaaebl.png

And last but not least my silly little ham, Romeo. He(or she. All physical indicators are beginning to point female) is probably 11 months old and is without a doubt my most curious reptile
april5_zps0ngu1unx.png

Sorry for all the watermarks; I've had to deal with photo stealing one too many times so now they are mandatory. Anyway I am looking forward to participating in this forum. It doesn't seem to be like all the others I've tried to be a part of where husbandry practices from 20+ years ago are still acceptable. My username may be aceoflizards but I am by no means any expert; it's just a funny little play on my lifestyle.

Besides the various species of animals I'd like to own one day, I am hoping to start a custom cage business in the near future. I consider myself a somewhat skilled carpenter and I hope to be building my little bud's final enclosure very soon. Cages seem to be a thing people are always looking for and since I have the ability to build them it would seem like a waste not to offer my services to those who are interested. I think of it as another form of art, sort of like putting together a big 3D puzzle and I love puzzles. Photography, traditional, and digital drawing are other types of art I enjoy. I've even taken to making my own shirts the past couple of months and they've been somewhat of a success. You can see some of those below here. They are of course reptile themed as reptiles have kind of taken over most of my life for the time being and are influencing my work left and right

leopardgeckofaceexl_zpsa6dr1rlv.png

tokaygeckofaceexl_zpsnqoseqjt.png

sleeppartyexjam_zpsxc741cou.png

calkingexshirt_zpsvfatxhz0.png

ballinexshirt_zpsskachpzx.png

These all have watermarks too but it's the logo for my online reptile goodies store. The tegu is my mascot because, well why not a tegu? :)

That was quite a lot about me. Hope it wasn't for nothing this time! I've typed up too many of these "intro" posts only to tuck tail and haul it a few months later.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi! Your animals are super healthy looking. Congrats on the Argentine. Hope to be of help. Also, great LG t-shirt, especially.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu