• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernating Tegu

Orion

5 Year Member
I snapped some pictures of my little Tegu named Tiny. Shes been hibernating since November and has not left the den she has dug out for herself. Her den is in a half log stuffed with Shredded coco husk ( Exo-Tera). I have been able to observe her most of the time since she made her den against the glass in the aquarium. The temps in the cage have been 59 degrees all winter. The last 3 weeks the temps have risen to 63 degrees. I turned her heat lamps back on two days ago and the temps in her den have risen to 74. Most of the time she has been hibernating she has only adjusted herself every 3 of 4 days. I have seen her open her eyes a couple times in the last 2 days and she has been moving around in her den quite a bit. Yesterday I started bringing up the humidity. I did humidify her tank at all during hibernation.

Attachments

• Tiny-3-4-2010 001.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • Tiny-3-4-2010 002.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Those are such cute photos. You are very lucky that you get to see her through the glass like this. My two hatchlings have been gone since October and I can't wait until they wake up. I want to dig them up sooooo bad but I know I can't :( .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214