• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hodur's results from vet visit.

kingofnorse

So hodur had a bunch of protozoa bacteria inside him, its normal to have some, but he had a lot of them. Will know if there are any parasites tomorrow. Till then, we are going to revert to feeding crickets and only use the raw meat for his medicine.

Till his BM's are solid, I'm going to keep him on some form of paper, will decide tonight when I goto store for crickets. Will either be newspaper, butcher paper, or plain old paper towels. My question is, how can I keep his humidity up during this time off his eco earth? I have a fogger that i will beef up to go more often or for longer times. but I don't think that will be enough keep humidity high.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
When niles was in the 40 gal breeder (during hibernation) i lined it with paper towels then shredded paper towels into a pile at the cool side. I'd let the fogger fill the tank with 'clouds ' then shut it off. This would soak into the paper towels then as they would dry from the heat i'd turn it back on. I left it off at night though. Just had a few water dishes over the heat pad on the warm side. Also he has a stuffed dog toy alligator that I soak with warm water then put in the enclosure. :) as it dries it puts extra moisture into the air.

kingofnorse

Yeah, I'm going to give a few set-ups a try. First off, I'm going to cover the screens with foil and just poke holes for vent and a hole for the fogger/light. I don't want to make a wood top with all the fog that will be trying to escape into the wood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu