• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much does your tegu slow down pre-shed?

jtpowers

If at all...

I'm interested in the variations any of you have experienced in your tegus as they enter a shed. Changes in behavior, appetite, temperament, etc...since individual animals behave differently, what's the range you have experienced personally?

I've had monitors that never changed their demeanor one bit, just got dull coloration and then shed; I've had geckos that acted like they were slowing down as though chilled in the fridge; i've had burmese get cranky and large retics stop eating and act listless for a couple of weeks. What about your tegu experiences?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
no changes here, they dull up and then the skin comes off. no behavior changes. my beardie would get suuuuper crabby though lol

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
My tegu completed his first shed today. Now i had no clue at all he was even in shed until i saw shed hanging from his belly as we was rubbing against the basking rock. I've been feeding him everyday and he has been taking no hesitation, even when i gave him some ground turkey today with shed peeling off his tail and head he still ate like a champ.

He shed all good.

Dirtydmc

Tank just finished shedding. He was a hungry boy. A power feeder. Dozer has started to come around. He is eating turkey finally. He's shed a few times since I got him about a month and a half. Saw one of his siblings today. Dozer is double the others size.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Kodo tends to rub his head and snout on things to help get shed off, and he seems to burrow more when he's sheddy. Other than that, no change other than his coloration looking drab. My ball python should be shedding any day now; I hope it's soon, as he looks like total crap right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu