• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How To Approach This---New Tegu

saucethetegu

I found poop--twice---yayyyyyy

I put 2 shirts of mine in there and she immediately took to them and sleeps at night wrapped up in a shirt

Tizzay89

I found poop--twice---yayyyyyy

I put 2 shirts of mine in there and she immediately took to them and sleeps at night wrapped up in a shirt

Nice. I tried the shirt thing.. didnt seem to work. I work alot with my hands and have dogs so my smell is always changing. Pretty sure my tegu just goes by my tats and rings lol.

The poop thing is a daily cleanup. It holds alot of bacteria. Still I 100% recommend hairless whole prey vs fur.

Zyn

I raise my own rats and haven’t had an issue. A dehydrated Tegu might have hair issues, moving it through their bowels. Like a properly hydrated cat doesn’t have hair balls, it moves through their system and they poop it out. Similar situation with the Tegu

Some prolapses can be linked back to weakend muscles due to growing to fast or heavy inbreeding, lack of vit D, calcium. In the wild they eat mostly already dead/decaying animal matter, taking in dirty whatever is on the carcus. They can pass a decent amount of objects if properly hydrated

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980