• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

huff n and a puffin

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
Xander [male] has started to this odd huff and puff thing while exhaling. Then he will walk over to Mulligan and nip the tail. Mulligan was thought to have been a male as well. Either Mulligan is a girl and found my Barry White albums? or? I got puff the magic dragon over here.

Anyone?

i0r

5 Year Member
Id say you have puff the angry dragon over there. Huffing and puffing is a pre strike warning. Somethings obviously bothering him.

Do you house them together? How old are they? What's the size of their enclosure? Do you feed them together in their enclosure?

Sometimes tegus just aren't compatibles for housing together. So keep your eyes pealed. Because things might go terribly wrong.

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
it was a mating thing. Not agression. They have since laid a clutch for me. I didn't find them in the enclosure soon enought and all but one egg has gone. Many were slugs. I am thinking this is due to her age and the fact that its the first clutch ever. She is just about 2 years old as he is. Young couple to be cranking out young, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu