• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Huffing, puffing...Colombian Tegus

m3s4

Quick update on my juvie Colombian.

When I first got him, and for close to 3 weeks after, he would never huff at me. I wasn't sure if he'd be the type to be very vocal - his demeanor was just not typical of some of the others I've had.

However, ever since his last shed, he's been turning into a little "bad-boy" - you know - a little more confident, a little more aggressive and much more vocal.

As part of the explanation, I think he's finally settling in to his new environment. However, I really attribute this new found irritation to the fact he has his own "hide" that he wants all to himself now and he considers it "his" territory. On top of that, he's not much bigger, but with the last shed, I think in his mind he thinks he IS much bigger then he really is and he's determined to let me know he isn't some little guy anymore -even though he is. What a quick change in temperament and confidence.

I laugh every time I have to move him or get him up because what used to be a timid, easy-going juvie is quickly turning into a more aggressive, dominant, very vocal type.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfgy5l0gIQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Wow, his yellow coloration really pops. Looks like he is starting to grow into his attitude, lol. I'm sure you'll have him tamed down in no time.

m3s4

dragonmetalhead said:
Wow, his yellow coloration really pops. Looks like he is starting to grow into his attitude, lol. I'm sure you'll have him tamed down in no time.

Indeed, his yellow is definitely a deep yellow and very vibrant. It's going to take some time to tame him - now when he's warm, he's an absolute handful. I want to calm him down but I also hope he keeps his feisty new found huffiness.

m3s4

Funny, I haven't watched this video since I uploaded it...watching it again makes me crack up.

Nothings changed since then - he's still just as feisty as ever ...just they way he is atm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu