• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I said I would never do it...but I did anyway.

diver165

Hello from WVa,

My grandson has begged me for a Tegu ever since he saw them on YouTube (he was researching bearded dragons). I said I would never have such a big reptile. I've got 2 beardies and 2 leopard geckos. Well, I just got back from ReptiCon in Knoxville and guess what I came home with....that's right an Argentine Black Tegu. He's about a month old according to the breeder. I just got his initial habitat squared away. I had a 24x18x18 enclosure. It will do until I can get his larger enclosure ordered in.

Sooo, I'm new to these big guys. I love my beardies to death. I'm pretty excited about having Zilla. He/She is still nervous. He/She rode in a bag all the way home so he/she is still getting used to the new digs. He/She had a huge salad this morning and a few super worms so no loss of appetite.

I'll be browsing around the forums and learning as much as I can. My wife and I sat down and shook our heads this morning looking at all the reptiles. We said, "how did this happen?" I said, what? She said, "how did we become the crazy lizard people..."

I dunno.....I just don't know....

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new tegu! Thanks for joining our community! Hope you find all the info you need here!

Rebecca Stout

Lol. that's funny. Hey, so the Repticon in Knox was good? I've been wondering. I'm so happy for you that they had tegus. I went to one in Nashville that seemed large ........ but it was mostly endless balls. Other than a few pacmans and some dart frogs there wasn't much else. No frogs, turtles, etc. Very few large lizard types. I think I have the video of it up on youtube. Their was a guy with tiny baby columbians for 30 bucks. Left me questioning if they were imports, I don't know. I saw two cool ackies. Yeah but no argentines. I went to Atlantas repticon because its so much begger and I was astonished to find only ONE vendor with tegus. I lucked out in that they were quite awesome, healthy, diff kinds of argentines, and yearlings (I wanted that specific age). Do you know, or remember your vendor or breeder? Just curious. I'm in the same boat as you. Brand new. In love with my beardy. lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu