• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I think she's trying to hibernate...

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Well, my new little Red hasn't been seen in days now and at first I thought it was because she was still nervous but even when she first came home, she'd come out for a couple hours a day. Now I haven't seen her at all.

The previous owners says she hibernated last summer so my guess is that she's going to hibernate again...

What do I do?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I Dont know if there is uch you can do to stop her, you can try to increase the heat and humidity, put her on a 14/10 hour lighting schedule but its not guaranteed to work but its worth a try

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Seeing as I'm in Canada, we have a hard time getting CB tegus. And since she's trying to hibernate now I have no choice but to assume she's an import.

I've already put her daylight time to 14/10 but it doesn't seem to be changing anything... oh well.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Last winter when my red went down, my AA was in the same enclosure and wasn't slowing down. I kept the lights on a 12/12 schedule and my red stayed down. This is why I believe if they want to go down, there is no stopping them.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought I read somewhere that you can get them to hibernate on track with our seasons, but I'm not sure how. Maybe someone with experience will chime in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu