• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iguana!

Bobby1220

Hey all, Looking for some testimony on differences between rhino iguanas and cuban rock iguanas. How are they as companions? How much room is needed, (more than a gu i presume) and which is more docile and have better personalities?

hangtown530

Bobby1220 said:
Hey all, Looking for some testimony on differences between rhino iguanas and cuban rock iguanas. How are they as companions? How much room is needed, (more than a gu i presume) and which is more docile and have better personalities?

My understanding the rhino get heavier but not as long and the cubans are easier to tame. I went with a rhino but I had the same dilemma your having now when I was choosing. They both will take tons of work but in my opinion great animals. Rock iguanas don't really need tall enclosures like a green iguana would so you can probably get away with something that's 4ft T x 8 ft W x 4 ft D for 1 adult. I made the mistake of building an enclosure 7ft t x 6ft w x 4ft d before I knew any better. I originally built it for a red iguana which would have been perfect :)

Hopefully I've helped some what....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikkil8292