• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just got my new little girl

bond219

5 Year Member
I only have her a few days, is this why she won't eat anything but scrambled eggs? She is pretty awsome to have around, and I really enjoy holding her. Although I can't for to long she gets wiggly and I dont want to stress her out. One question when or approx. when will hybernation occur I live in the eastern part of PA, and about how long will she sleep~how will I know she's alive. Im new at the meat eater thing I have always had vegitarians. I attached a Pic I don't know if it will open or if you will have to open it.

Attachments

• IMG0184.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 3

Jer723

5 Year Member
she looks exactly like my red tegu tico. lol. whered u get her from the could be brother and sister. lol heres a few pics of mine. . . and some of my new varnyard gu. lol

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4593</a><!-- l -->

AWD247

5 Year Member
The 1st day I got my extreme he didnt want to eat anything, he just wanted out of the enclosure, the next day after about an hour of handling i got it into the feeding bin and it ate a very small amount of eggs, today I handled again for about an hour, introduced him to some soaking for about 20-25 minutes keeping the water warm, handled him again for about another 30 minutes, and got him into the bin a bit easier, today he ate about a full tablespoon of ground meat (w/supplement).
Just take your time and let it get used to the feeding bin, (hopefully your feeding outside of your enclosure), also as it gets used to things im sure it will get more comfortable and eat more.

Im not 100% on the hibernation question, im actually reading up on that also.

bond219

5 Year Member
Thank you for the info. on the feeding issue.
She's about 7 in. right now...and
I didn't get her my brother did I think about a month ago so I'm not to sure how old she is. I'm guessing about 5 months old.
All I know is she is a joy to have around when she not burrowing, but I guess her wanting to have something to do with me will come in her own time (LOL).

bond219

5 Year Member
Ok pretty exciting~she snapped at me for the first time today (LOL) I had her soaking and was slightly touching and putting water on her with my hand and she just jumped at me with her mouth open. As exciting as it was it freaked me out just a little. Needless to say after about 5 min of just continueing to put water on her I used a glove to get her out (LOL). What does it feel like to get bit. I would imagine it hurts since they are meat eaters they have teeth. I dont want to get bit but she is a red GU so I know they are more aggressive let alone she is a female. I'm figuring she is trying to see how far she can push just like a typical child.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i dont think the fact that hes a red really makes a difference on aggression but i have heard the females could be snippy. bobby had a post on here where he got bit by an adult female and shebit straight through his nail! so i would imagine that hurt! lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz