• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lace monitors

Adam87

5 Year Member
i just saw a lace on you tube i think there very beautiful but i read in a previous post was that there very expesive and need like of room whick turned me off of course but just out of curiousity what would it take to care for a lace as in enclosure lighting heat and food and like i said its just out of curiousity its not like i have $5000 on me haha

s4sainz

Theese guys can get 6.5 ft, so you can only image the cage space required to proerly house one. Most people that decide on purchasing one, have intentions on breeding. Females are extremely rare and seldomly sold, 9 out of 10 lace monitors for sale in the U.S. are males, i have seen prices flucuate from time to time, but for the most part adult males can run you anywhere from 1200-2000. I have seen pairs and trios on kingsnake for less than 5k, so they really have gone down in price. People dont always like buying theese single males because females are literally impossible to get a hold of. As far as husbandry, they really aren't that hard to care for if you know what your doing.
There are a few breeders, in the U.S., Prehistoric Pets, and Dan from arizona are two that i can think of right now. Theres a gentlemen in the UK who breeds the bell phase locale.
I plan on getting a pair, but i just got a Mertens Water Monitor, so ima try n get a female, now thoose are more rare than lace monitors. Australian Water Montior

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutz4tegus