• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lets see your wheel'd addictions

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
What more could you want?
The cutest car dipped in chocolate! :wink:

chocolateBeetle.jpg

Brat!

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
dorton said:
My only current play toy is my 86 Mercury Capri RS 5.0. It is turbo'd inter-cooled, and has an AEM programmable engine management system.

capri003.jpg

eng.jpg

Here it is when I first got it

I used to be into Off-roading

DSC00726.jpg

Used to be into bikes

This car looks bada$$ an i have never heard nor seen one of these ever beore. Also, it looks like it was the biggest money pit ever for a while!!!! But it looks like you allready got everything all done up and ready to go, and good job too! This is what i have right now, and i still have soo many more things to do to the stock interior, but i am currently low on funds with a tegu in the works, which is completely worth it!!!

dorton

5 Year Member
Thanks, they only made 282 t-top 5.0s in 86 so there werent that many around. Unfortunately I was doing a 3rd gear roll on and when it came on boost, the transmission exploded. My options for replacement hasn't been that good(I dont want to spend 4K for a manual trans that will hold up to the #s I'm making). Good news is I am going to start building my own transmissions. I will have 3 spares, and I can swap them out in about 2hrs so I can put one in every couple of months(if they hold that long...)
I love vehicles, but I would be in such better financial shape if I would have never gotten into them.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wish I had a pic of my first ride. A '68 Olds Delta 88, 455ci, 2 bbl carb, rusted green. Averaged 11mpg. It was so big I kept a 10 speed bike in the back seat, just opened the door and threw it in!! The engine compartment was so big I could have moved over the 455 and fit another!! Great to work on! It had vinyl seats, add Armour All, some friends not wearing seat belts, and some corners and you've got some really bruised friends as they wildly slide all over the back seat!!! That was funnier than sh**!!!! Hole shots at the beach!! Life was good!!!

dorton

5 Year Member
link doesn't work. Looks like you will need to host it before you can put the link up. But do share, I luv some vehicles

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
red_tegu28 said:
I am trying to post my pics but i forgot how,Its been awhile

The easy way is to upload them to Photo Bucket.com then copy the last code and paste it in here.

dorton

5 Year Member
Well, happy B-day.
Looking at the plate on the 99up, looks like your from SC, if so you been to Mustang Week?
You've had some nice looking rides. I'm not far from you on the stangs
1985 Gt,86 Gt,86 Capri RS,87 GT,88 LX 5.0,88 GT,89 GT,91 GT,92 GT,95 Cobra, 97 Cobra
Then I went 5 years without, until 05

red_tegu28

5 Year Member
I went to mustang week one time at myrtle beach and we drove my wifes honda civic LOL I sold the 02 gt but i still have the two coupes.My wife wants me to sell one but i cant part with them

dorton

5 Year Member
red_tegu28 said:
I went to mustang week one time at myrtle beach and we drove my wifes honda civic LOL I sold the 02 gt but i still have the two coupes.My wife wants me to sell one but i cant part with them

Thats funny, my wifes civic is what we took last year. I had just finished my turbo setup, and sync'd the AEM, but nowhere local could complete my 3.5" exhaust by the time I was headed down and I did not want to drive 4hrs one way with open 3.5" down pipe exiting at the base of the firewall.

What part of SC are you from?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I wish I had a pic of my first ride. A '68 Olds Delta 88, 455ci, 2 bbl carb, rusted green. Averaged 11mpg. It was so big I kept a 10 speed bike in the back seat, just opened the door and threw it in!! The engine compartment was so big I could have moved over the 455 and fit another!! Great to work on! It had vinyl seats, add Armour All, some friends not wearing seat belts, and some corners and you've got some really bruised friends as they wildly slide all over the back seat!!! That was funnier than sh**!!!! Hole shots at the beach!! Life was good!!!

This is my car (my second) i used to have, this picture was taken the day I put it up for sale.
It is a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu (not a true SS just needed somthing for the grille) 350 V8, Auto, Bench/Vinyl, Black Interior, Power Steering, Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold and Edelbrock Performer 4bbl 650CFM Carburator, And you armoralled those bench seats at your own risk! because you, yourself would go flying while trying to drive! The Speedo goes to 120, but my friend paced me one time at 145! Needless to say, that car was not designed to go that fast and it scared the crap out of me because I was NOT in control at that point hahaha

dorton

5 Year Member
Red_tegu28,
Thats cool, I have a couple of friends into stangs down in that area.

Coldthirst,
That would have been a cool one to hang onto, the old muscle cars prices are skyrocketing!

red_tegu28

5 Year Member
A capri is what i wanted for my first car.It was an 86 capri silver 5.0 HO liter,my dad and brother said it was to fast for my first car,you how it was when you were 15 wanting somthing :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan