• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lighting Question

Gx3

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I am getting everything set up for my red tegu that I will be getting soon and I was wondering what your preference on lighting is. What kind of set ups do you guys have/prefer? I have used the Zoo Med Power Sun (160) Watt in the past and it burned out in literally 2 months with normal use. I'm not sure if that was just a fluke or if it is just a bad product. I have also used fluorescent tube UV lighting and those have worked well and lasted years. It just seems like the Power Sun would be great for a tegu application. Anyways, what are your thoughts?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use 4ft ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0's with our Tegu's. I don't think Tegu's need as much UVB as a Bearded Dragon so a MVB might be overkill. The biggest disadvantage of the ReptiSun 10 is you have to get them within 18" or there isn't much UVB. Ours are about 12" away. They need to be replaced every 6 months. The biggest advantage is you can cover alot of an enclosure with a 4ft bulb.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like the Power-Sun in the 160 watt and the Repti-sun 10s, they are both good products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu