• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

"Litter Box" Training Tegus

Jon_Snow

So how do you go about litter box training Tegus? Also, once your Tegu is litter trained, how often do you change the substrate in your enclosure and do a full clean?

Thanks,
Dennis

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You watch where they poop and put a box there. Hopefully they keep going in the same spot.

Deac77

5 Year Member
I use a water as for the litter Box Kirby has 2 water dishes one he goes in one he drinks in also I'd change it daily stiiiiiiiinky

Jon_Snow

Well that sounds simple.

So if your tegu ends up only pooping in the designated spot, how often do you need to change the substrate out?

Dennis

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could go at least a year without changing the substrate as long as you spot clean daily. I have gone longer, I just try and turn all the substrate at least monthly.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I believe cage substrate. I could be wrong though, I was wrong once before.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
james.w said:
I believe cage substrate. I could be wrong though, I was wrong once before.

Omg really did ya mark the calendar?

On a side note if we are talking cage substrate I agree 100%

No, since it has only been once, I can remember it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu