• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

*LOOKING FOR* Adult or Subadult Argentine

babyyitslove

So my husband and I have begun to build this ginormous enclosure for tegus.

And we've decided that amongst our plan for young tegus, we would also like to take in an adult/subadult Argentine.

We don't mind if it's B/W, Red, or even Blue. Male or Female.

We have such a great environment in the works and want to share it with an older soul before we bring in the youngsters (who will be housed seperately, of course) =0)

We're really looking to spend $250-$300 SHIPPED to 88310 (since we can't find any locally or close enough in neighboring cities for pick up)

Does anyone have one that they need to rehome? Or know where I can find one from a TRUSTING seller?
We're not entirely big on classifieds since we've been burned in the past.

tora

That place in Las Cruces doesn't have any? Last time I was there they had 3 b&w and a red. Not sure on how much they were though.

babyyitslove

tora said:
That place in Las Cruces doesn't have any? Last time I was there they had 3 b&w and a red. Not sure on how much they were though.

He told us they weren't for sale.
They're trying to breed all of their adults.

Someone found me a Juvi red in El Paso but they want $300 for it. Thats pretty steep IMO.

tora

Mmm, not for a red it isn't. That's what I normally see for them. Sometimes you can find some for 250, but then there's always shipping.
And well that explains why they weren't in a cage that they couldn't even move in like that poor red was.

babyyitslove

I personally haven't seen them go for more than $250,... maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Either way, it's a little baby. We want to get our hopeful big one settled before we start adding to the mix with little youngins.

I hope I can find something sooner than later.

We're really having a tough time finding anything within reasonable distance or up for shipping at a larger size.

tora

Yeah, problem with shipping a big one is that shipping alone is over $100 for overnight. :(
I really hope you do find something soon!

I bought one from the store here for 299. It's all of what, 15 dollars more expensive if you factor in shipping for those babies that are 250.

I'm in there regularly for food, I'll let you know if something turns up.

Neeko

If you make friends with a local pet store who is federal certified they can send a label for shipping to the seller and its a lot less.

babyyitslove

tora said:
Yeah, problem with shipping a big one is that shipping alone is over $100 for overnight. :(
I really hope you do find something soon!

I bought one from the store here for 299. It's all of what, 15 dollars more expensive if you factor in shipping for those babies that are 250.

I'm in there regularly for food, I'll let you know if something turns up.

Yeah for sure... keep an eye out for me! I'd be stoked if I could find one for local pick up.

Worst case scenario is that we'll have to wait for the Tucson show in late September.

Neeko said:
If you make friends with a local pet store who is federal certified they can send a label for shipping to the seller and its a lot less.

I talked to the only local store here, and he says he doubts he'll be able to find one older than a hatchling.

I'll scope the Tucson show to see if we find anything, if not I'll have him call around and see what he can find.

tora

:0

I totally was not aware of a show in Tuscon! I can get some in-n-out while I'm there too! haha.

mandy89

I am also looking for a Tegu I am looking for a young Tegu if anyone that is in and around the hamilton area see's any please let me know as well.

babyyitslove

tora said:
:0

I totally was not aware of a show in Tuscon! I can get some in-n-out while I'm there too! haha.

I know lol!

I found an adult b&w female in tucson for rehoming. we just text him but he hasnt responded yet.

We'll drive there to pick her up and snag some in-n-out to treat ourselves. LOL.

The show is September 24th and 25th. It has a website if you google it. It'll tell you all of the vendors that have registered so far and a summary of what they'll be selling.
rhetoricx said:
op: are you looking for one that is already tamed down?

No preference hun. We have ALOT of time for our reptiles (believe it or not, with two kids under the age of two lol).

We can work with them as much as needed... take the bites and whips in stride.

We're working on our columbian right now and he has done SO great and made incredible progress. He is now coming to me when I open his enclosure and walking to my hand.

We work with Tokays... and THAT is a job many people won't even mess with.
My husband stays at home with the kids and tends to the reptiles. It's much more cost effective than daycare =0)

We found an adult female b&w in Sierra Vista, AZ.... it's 5 hours away. And he wants $300 for her.

The husband and I need to do some math and take some things into consideration (ie. travel expenses, food, etc.) for such a long drive.

Talked to the guy.. seems pretty legit and a nice guy. Didn't bother asking him why he was getting rid of her.
Maybe I should've. But nothing is set in stone... kind of far from it at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont