• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for black throat

frost

1,000+ Post Club
they look pretty good. im guessing finding a cbb one is going to be hard. =/

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
they look pretty good. im guessing finding a cbb one is going to be hard. =/
Nearly impossible. Last time I saw one that was marked CBB was two years ago, even that one may have just been farm bred / captive hatched.

As long as they're cleared by vets - I see no problem. With a clean bill of health, anything is possible.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah i guess you have a point, the only thing i am worried about is the temperament of the wild caught ones.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah true but some time the wild caught ones are not in the best of health.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
well unfortunately with black throats, there hasnt been any cb produced in the states in several years now. so wc is the only option.

Steven.

Well I went to the reptile show this past weekend and they almost a handful of black throats.. I spoke to a guy that had 3 for sale and he that this past year.. tge states got about 70 total.. I was pretty surprised.. but as I walked around almost every big table had one for sale.. nothing under 300

Thanks

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Are black throats 'nice ' ? Or aggressive? And is there any real difference between them and peach throats? I have seen peach throats in local store

Steven.

I had one a while back. His name was zeus. 5ft about 20-30 lbs.. dont really remember his weight. But as a hatchling he was crazy... it took couple of years for him to actually "become people friendly". I would never regret him though.. He was the most rewarding reptile ive ever had.

Thanks

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Nothing like a peach throat. Completely different type of monitor, different care, different diet, different temperament, different behaviors. No monitor is going to be "cuddley" or can compare to the "tameness" of a tegu but BT are much more personable than a peachthroat. PT are very shy and when kept correctly you will often have ''empty cage syndrome'' because they hide so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980