• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Maintaining heat in large terrariums

Deven

Hey everybody, I'm going to be building my terrarium soon and was wondering what others are doing to keep larger terrariums within the proper temperatures. I'm planing on building it 4ft tall and 4 ft wide and I'm still debating on 6 or 8ft long.
I'm sure I'll be able to keep the basking side at the proper temps, but how can I keep the low end at the proper temp.?
A friend of mine recommended making a second basking spot but I'd like to get more opinions. Thanks for any and all the help.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maintain a gradient of suitable basking temps at one end grading to mid-upper70s at other. They can choose to bask, be active warm, or rest in relief of cool. If cool end is cooler than you want, provide another light.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu