• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

male or female?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
im starting to believe my 4 1/2 mo. tegu may be a female at 35" he still has no spurs he has been filling out lately and developed quite a bit of a belly im not sure if this came from feeding sm-med rats or not although his neck area has been increasing in girth(looks like smal jowls) i cant catch him when he poos to see any hemipenises evert but i can feel two narrow muscles on each side of the base of his tail kinda like how the himpenis bulges feen on iguanas but i have never read/heard of anyone sexing a tegu that way i know the spurs usually show up at 2-3' did any one with an adult male see any sprurs at this age? i am including a few pics tell me what you think male or female and why thank you

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
oops! forgot the pics here they go.........
tegux.jpg

tegux1.jpg

tegux3.jpg

i tried to get a shot of the vent area but nero just wouldnt cooperate lol

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
4 and a half months is the age? Thats kinda big I am wondering about the age of my girl. By the way it looks a girl. Really nice looker though

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well I would think at 35" you should be able to sex her. Your he looks like a She to me and a pretty one at that.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah thats what i thought guess its time for a new name lol nero is a boys name btw she was hatched out on june 29 2009 from jam and whitney varnyard a.k.a. bobby hill stock

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
My gosh you guys Tegus grew fast! Mines is only like 13inches but I think he is from a different clutch.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i thought i saw the formation of sprs beginning but its just two scales that are larger that the rest but i dont feel anything if he hits 8 mo. and still dont have(which i doubt he will) spurs ill change the name

The captain

5 Year Member
Join the club my varnyard tegu was sold as male too!

I got a big fat baby girl lol. Guess the odds of probing accuracy should be readjusted...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu