• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My argentine red gets here Friday. :D

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What do you plan on feeding it? What is your set up for it going to be like? Do you plan to let it get settled or start interacting right away?

BillieJeAn

I'm not sure what to feed it right away, I have some crickets but i plan on holding off on those until she settles enough to be put in the feeding tub.
I plan on giving her a few days to settle in.

What should I use as substrate? Cypress?

The enclosure is 6'x22"x18" 2heat bulbs and a 24inch UVA/UVB

A long tree limb like decoration, a few hides, 2 LARGE water dishes (help with humidity)

I have ground turkey and tilapia

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you have the cage setup already? If so what are your temps and humidity? Do you have calcium powder?

kellen.watkins

for humidity ecoearth substrate is good (i mix spagnum moss in with it) after i build a permanant enclosure this weekend i, gonna mix ecoearth/cypress/spagnum moss together, i have a zoo-med reptifogger which i love and ive never heard anything bad about it from anyone on this forum either. decorations arent so important i think considering every tegu i have ever had decorates thier tank to thier liking lol

BillieJeAn

No not yet. I'll be setting it up tomorrow. Then I'll check the temps and humidity before she gets here Friday.
I have calcium
I have a fogger (incase the humidity is too low.
Is there anything special I should feed when she gets here?

I ordered from underground reptiles. I've heard plenty of good reviews about them:) so il pretty excited.

kellen.watkins

i got eli from underground, nothing really bad to say except i asked for the delivery to be a pick up and they sent it to my apartment so eli wound up in a truck til 7 at night other than that all good, what kinda red are you getting the paraguayan or the normal? i would just try ground turkey or crickets, ive never seen a baby gu deny crickets :) bear in mind though he/she might not wanna eat the first day home, vanilla is the only tegu i have ever gotten that ate the first day home

BillieJeAn

Just an argentine. :)

I live about thirty seconds from my local fedex. So at least I don't think I have anything to worry about there :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula