• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my little girl

peaches

i just wanted to inform u all on my little girl and her shed. She had some of the worst shed but then i changed the substrate to a 50/50 mix and keeped the humidity up at 80-100% and after 3 days i have seen alot of improvement she has only her tail left for shed and she is more active by alot just letting know how shes doing will get pictures up soon

peaches

yeah it can and her red it bright right now its really beautiful im so happy i found this site with all this information

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't keep the humidity that high. It can be unhealthy and will provide a much better environment for mold to grow. Try offering a humid hide, maybe use a Rubbermaid tub with a hole cut in the side and fill with the same substrate and maybe some sphaghum moss.

Steven.

What mixture are you using for your substrate?.... I keep my humidity at 80 but that's with me soaking the cage every hour....

peaches

i use a dirt and sand mixture and i spray it for bout 5 minutes and it keeps humidity 80-100
james.w said:
I wouldn't keep the humidity that high. It can be unhealthy and will provide a much better environment for mold to grow. Try offering a humid hide, maybe use a Rubbermaid tub with a hole cut in the side and fill with the same substrate and maybe some sphaghum moss.

well i read on bobbys website that 80-100% is good for when they are shedding so when shes done shedding i will probally put it back down to 70-75

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
peaches said:
i use a dirt and sand mixture and i spray it for bout 5 minutes and it keeps humidity 80-100
james.w said:

well i read on bobbys website that 80-100% is good for when they are shedding so when shes done shedding i will probally put it back down to 70-75

That will work well also.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Steven. said:
What mixture are you using for your substrate?.... I keep my humidity at 80 but that's with me soaking the cage every hour....

What kind of cage are you using, does it have a screen top?

Steven.

Unfortunately... yes. My cage does have a screen top james. I built it myself but stupid me didn't think that humidity would have been a problem here in fl... That didn't work out too well for me...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
peaches said:
what changing the humidty want she out of shed? srry little slow sometimes lol

Yeah
Steven. said:
Unfortunately... yes. My cage does have a screen top james. I built it myself but stupid me didn't think that humidity would have been a problem here in fl... That didn't work out too well for me...

Cover the screen with aluminum foil or cut a piece of wood to cover it with a little ventilation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula