• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new kings

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is the first one, it is a Florida x Eastern that is 100% het for Hypo. I like this guy a bunch, he is not showing how bright he is in the pics.

DSCN4009.jpg

DSCN4006.jpg

This is the second one, it is a Florida x Eastern. I really like the bulls eye pattern on this one.

DSCN4003.jpg

DSCN4005.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dicy said:
2nd one looks allot like a goini king mixed whit sumthing

Nope, they are Eastern chain kings x Florida kings. :)

Also, I think I will keep these guys for a while, also thanks for the great comments guys!!

Srakha

5 Year Member
I thought I'd tweak around with one of your king photos to try and bring out the real color of the snake. I think I did a fair job without going too far. :) It's hard to find the exact colors if you don't have the snake on hand ;)

bobbysking.jpg

Nero

5 Year Member
Love the king snakes, I wouldnt mind getting one but they can have a pretty nasty temper from time to time. Do you feed it garter snakes or just rodents?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nero said:
Love the king snakes, I wouldnt mind getting one but they can have a pretty nasty temper from time to time. Do you feed it garter snakes or just rodents?

I do not feed snakes, I just feed rodents, it is to easy to get parasites when feeding other snakes, as they are often wild caught.

As for temper, I have kept many kings through the years, a biter is more rare then not. Most of them calm down quick if handled a little.

Nero

5 Year Member
Thats pretty cool I've considered a king but most I see in stores are full grown and are pretty nasty. Speaking of nippy snakes, my jungle carpet has a nasty nasty temper!!!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry angelrose, but I am keeping them, I am up to about 7 kings now and they will be for a future breeding project. ;) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214