• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my tegu can't poo!!!!!

theonas

5 Year Member
hi there...for the past week my tegu can't poo...been giving it warm baths,it keeps trying..only managing to discolour the water and let the white bits out.the reason i am more corncerned today is that i have just given him a bath,and as i put him in the bath some clear mucus came out of his nose,also he sounds a bit chesty(like he has a cold) .his diet is mice...diced turkey and diced steak..with boiled eggs some days,doesn't eat veg or fruit.just bought some canned fish in oil to try him on to try to lube the passage ways....but hasn't eaten any so far...any ideas?????? thanks.up until this week he has been fine ...eating and shedding well.

skippy

5 Year Member
mucus coming out of its nose sounds like a possible respiratory infection. take it to the vet.

mineral oil is good for relieving constipation but you might want to search the site for the proper dosage.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
some people treat a respratory infection by raising the temperature (no more than a few degrees) and lowering the humidity. but if he has mucus coming from his mouth/nose then you should see a vet. Is he eating every day? are you feeding him cooked meat? because you said he eats diced steak and turkey.if the meat is cooked ,maybee he's having trouble digesting it.

theonas

5 Year Member
he only had mucus once when i was putting him in the bath.to look at he looks like a healthy tegu......the meat i feed him is raw.been trying to give him oil and fig syrup and a bit of yogurt...don't really want to give him solids and pung him up any more than he already is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu