• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My two new babies <3

Tikikitty95

So at the Tampa reptile show on Saturday I got a red tegu and a black and white. The red one I got from somebody here that couldn't keep her. I was told how skitty she was and since I got her for free, I decided to get a friend for her. She has already started to calm down and allow me to pet her and hold her (sometimes). I really think that getting her a friend has helped her a lot. Anyway, here are some pictures I took of the two of them yesterday.
[attachment=2773]
[attachment=2774]
[attachment=2775]
[attachment=2776]
[attachment=2777]
[attachment=2778]
[attachment=2779]
[attachment=2780]
Tell me what you guys think

Attachments

• IMG_6429.JPG
    IMG_6429.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6417.JPG
    IMG_6417.JPG
    904.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6406.JPG
    IMG_6406.JPG
    533.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    641.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6382.JPG
    IMG_6382.JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6377.JPG
    IMG_6377.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6367.JPG
    IMG_6367.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6363.JPG
    IMG_6363.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 5

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The "friend" may be causing her to be stressed and that is why she seems calm.

Tikikitty95

Maybe.. I would think she would stay away from the black and white though if she didn't like her or was being stressed by her. She went out of her way to lay on the others back. She also started eating even when they were near each other. I'll keep that in mind though. Thank you

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Laying on top of each other is generally a display of dominance.

Agreed. Gary and Rango would do that here and there but I ripped out their old basking area and added a larger one, they seemed to have stopped competing for the heat.

Cute little guys by the way! They're bite-sized :p

Tikikitty95

I'll keep an eye on that. The funny thing is that the red is the smaller one. Lol. And nice comment. My big Savannah monitor would be too pleased to meet them. He's a BIG boy

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
x2 @ James,.. and the chest and neck pattern on that B&W is killing me. I see all kinds of things in his pattern :)
Just to show you what I see :D LOL

pattern.jpg

Each color is something different,..

Blue = a little man or something feet and all
Pink = can be snakes or 2 tegus facing each other with their mouth open.
Red = is a monster face or kind of like a Chinese Lion.

Lol but that may be just what I see :D

jerobi2k

Grats Tiki, great lookin little ones! best of luck. ;) my two smaller gUs are in a shared enclosure they compete for heat and who ever is there 1st gets laid on :p about to build a new enclosure this week to seperate them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrdy