• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

needed tips for worrying mother XD

kurojinx

so i just got my new tegu yesterday
11205122_10204309362802548_5502801420637115046_n.jpg

and i feel like a worrying mother, making sure everythings perfect, looking up tons of stuff, but there is sooo much stuff XD

im not sure what time to feed the little guy through, at the moment i have food in his dish (its about 10;17am he got his food around 9:30) he's comes out of his rock hut occasionally and just walked around and iv picked him up and let him roam on the bed and hes gotten on my shoulders and sat on my head and all that. but hasnt touched his food yet, so should i take it out and put it back in later or should i just leave it, till he feels like he wants to nom on some meat.

what about the whole pooping thing? i know people say to water train them, and i tried to put him in the bath this morning, but he did not like that, so do i wait till i see his little butt dance. (i have put some paper towel in one corner, incase for some reason he thinks "oh man this would be the perfect place to poop, this white sheet is amazing XD) and iv also heard people say, if he poops in one spot most of the time, just put something there and he will learn, but his wood chips i got are the lightish brown ones, will i even be able to see it?

also should i have his hut under the light or should it be away from the light, cause as of now i have it placed under the light, so that he can also sit ontop of it to bask if he wants.

id like to think everythings gonna turn out fine, because everything has been great with my bearded dragon and my two snakies but i dunno... im worrying alot cause i want him to be good. if you guys have any random tips and stuff please help me out thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu