• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nesting Box

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
I want to build a nesting box but I'm not to sure what to put in it or how big I should make it. Last year I got to my eggs late, so this year I want that to change.

kushfeind

5 Year Member
I breed boa constrictors besides tegus. I have empty 4 and 6 ft cages that are made of melamine with sliding clear plexiglass doors, as soon as i notice my female tegus getting very pudgy and swollen i proceed to take them out of their outdoor enclosures and place them in a boa cage with lots of straw or hay which ever is avail. They will start building there nests almost imeediatlly and i keep a warm spot on one side of the cage at 90-100 F so her and the eggs stay close to room temp. As soon as i see she is skin and bones or eggless i wil take her out of the cage feed her and place her in a clean warm cage befor placing her outdoors again. I then go easter egg hunting and place the eggs to bake in my incubator for the two months till they pop..Hope my process helped..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu