• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NEW B&W COMING HOME TODAY!! HELP PLEASE

joeynmannda

Hi. I am new to this site and new to the amazing world of these beautiful tegus. I have two bearded dragons already and I was wondering if it is okay to have them in the same room? They will not be in the same enclosure but I have a double tank stand and the beardies are going up and I'd like to have the tegu underneath. I will not have them out at the same time or anything like that. Will the smell of one lizard bother the other? Please help if anyone can. I think Im probably just being silly but being that these are the closest things I get to having kids I need to ask questions =]

lilgonz

Hello and Welcome to the forum! It should not be a problem, I had my bearded in the same room with my tegus for years and never had any issues. There are a lot of people on here with plenty of experience with tegus that are more than willing to help if you have any question, so feel free to ask away. Good luck with your new Gu ** post pics when you get a chance **

joeynmannda

lilgonz said:
Hello and Welcome to the forum! It should not be a problem, I had my bearded in the same room with my tegus for years and never had any issues. There are a lot of people on here with plenty of experience with tegus that are more than willing to help if you have any question, so feel free to ask away. Good luck with your new Gu ** post pics when you get a chance **

Okay thank you so much. I will put pics up as soon as he gets home!!

lilgonz

I'm not sure if you have read these post or not, but they have a lot of great information in them. Hope this helps and enjoy the reading.

Tegu Care sheet
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7712#axzz1IYnFHPe8

Tegu Food list
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=6452#axzz1IYnFHPe8

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They should be fine in the same room as other reptiles. A lot of members have reptile rooms with all their critters in 'em. I've got my savy and my beardie in the same room and they seem to be doing just fine. Every now and then my beardie will see my savy and get a little... aggressive? I don't think thats the word I'm looking for... He will sometimes puff up and start glass dancing.
Since your enclosures are going to be more stacked I don't see it being a problem. Congrats and I look forward to seeing your pics!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikkil8292