• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Caiman Lizard - last addition for a while

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got my female caiman this morning, it was like Christmas day all over again. I think this will be the last animal I ass to my collection for a long time. Total count is not 2 caiman lizards and 2 tegus.

I would like to introduce Malibu. She is a 2 year old female caiman lizard just under 30 inches long. Good temperament so far. Surprisingly she make Bacardi look big for his age, his about the same size at only a year. She will be in quartintine for at lest a month and a cleared vet check.

Box opening
IMG_3539.jpg

In the bag, she was too big for a deli cup, lol.
IMG_3541.jpg

Warming up
IMG_3543.jpg

She is not just socking in her tub. I am surprised how fast she just settled in.

Well 2012 is starting to look like a good year so far. Here's hoping in a few years I will be hatching out some caiman lizard babies.

Karriss

She's very pretty. :) I've had animals come in nice and mellow and the day after turn into homicidal maniacs, lol.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She is beautiful, I always admired caimen lizards, hopfully you can breed them in the future

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
You are now officially the Lord of all Things Caiman Lizard, Chelvis. I'm greener with envy than your new girl. Congrats and May you have many happy years together.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Why am I not surprised? Haha, very nice addition Chelvis. Please do keep us posted!

Reptile_fever

Oh boy i'm jealous as hell!I want another so bad but now i have a project on hand for a friend out of state 6'tall x4'long x2'deep. 3 quarters of the enclosure are gonna look like
008.jpg
or
008.jpg
.So once this is done i'm gonna upgrade lil Chompers enclosure.great pick up & thanks for sharing!!Wish me luck!Oh and a bunch to you & you new pick up to!!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol thanks all. She was tame at her last home. I believe he called her hound tame, won't come running over unless there is food but doesn't mind being messed with. I would post some new one of Bacardi but he is in mid shed, the first part of his head shed has come off and WOW has he gotten red (didn't think that was possible, must be the shrimp).

Nice thing is even if they do not breed they seem to be like tegus where they look pretty but you can interact with them as well.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So future breeding plans will have to be post boned. I got some major repair bills for my truck this month and I had to sadly sell my female Caiman. I will miss her but she went to a friend of mine who is amazing with lizards. He does not breed and only keeps one large lizard at a time. With the passing of his rhino he though that a caiman lizard would be a good next pet, without too many memories of his iggy Paps. It was a tough choice but I got to make sure I can keep my truck and stock the fridge for the dogs and lizards. Maybe when extra work picks back up in the summer I can get another.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awww, so sorry. I bet there will be another in your future. ;)

"So future breeding plans will have to be post boned."

Was that a Freudian slip? hahahaha

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOW um yes we'll say Freudian slip, lol. Sorry been a long week, month, year you get the idea. lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu