• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New carpet python

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
We'll here is my new carpet python just came in today. She is about 20" and a coastal carpet x jungle carpet. Really pretty can't until here colors start to really show as she grows.

Its really really hard to get pics, she moves so much. Really active snake, these are the best i could do right now. And already two minutes in her new cage she is gone lol.

Attachments

• carpet python 021.jpg
    carpet python 021.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • carpet python 020.jpg
    carpet python 020.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • carpet python 017.jpg
    carpet python 017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice, it's amazing how much their colors change in that first year. Keep us updated as she colors up, very neat animals for progression photos.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Yeah i cannot wait to watch her colors change. I'm going to raise her up and put her to a irian jaya x coastal male.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Good point i love the jags! Thing is it's not really my breeding plan, my friend want's too. That will come soon though, in the next 3yrs or so i plan to get a lot more new additions and start breeding. Right now i'm raising up.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just put a deposit on a female Irian Jaya Jag yesterday, and I think I am going to get a Tiger Jag to pair her up with.

What type setup are you using for her? I am trying to decide how I want to set mine up.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I usually use tubs for my snakes, but for a snake like this i rather show her off and it's easier to add things to climb on. She's in a ten gallon tank, cypress mulch, crap load of decor. I noticed they pretty much have the same care as Bp's, they just like it a little warmer and will climb if given the option.

Here is a pic i just took, the thermometer says 89, i keep it around 90f constantly on the warm side where the uth is.

Attachments

• carpet 007.jpg
    carpet 007.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Lol it's cool. But yeah, i'm thinking of buying something a little more fancy for a snake with colors like this.

Something like this,
http://rickysreptileenclosures.com/shop/single-door-adult-ball-python-showcase-clear-usa.html

I got him from Undergroudreptiles. But they say it's a really slim chance they will have any left after the return from the Daytona expo, So tomorrow would be good to check in on them to see if they still have more left.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That acrylic cage is awesome, but pricey. I think I am going to use boaphiles for my carpets and gtps.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm gonna try and breed jaguars and gtps together to make jagpondros. And hopefully I can be the first to successfully breed super jags.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont