• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New digs for Mr. Bean

The captain

5 Year Member
IMG_5078.jpg

6x2x2

thanks for looking.
Sam

The captain

5 Year Member
No, i got it on craigslist. Real cheap too!

I have no woodworking skills.

Thanks for the compliments. Maybe ill end up taking those pics sometime...

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
The captain said:
No, i got it on craigslist. Real cheap too!

I have no woodworking skills.

Thanks for the compliments. Maybe ill end up taking those pics sometime...

Wow! Nice find...

Def take more pics :-D

The captain

5 Year Member
Well, you asked for it!
IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

watering hole
IMG_5082.jpg

cool side
IMG_5084.jpg

hot side
IMG_5083.jpg

Note, i found the ceramic pot makes a GREAT hide on the warm side, he loves hiding under it once it warms up! He needs a bigger one now though lol.

Does he look ok for an '08? he may be a little small, but the growth is there for sure.

Thanks for looking.

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
Thats a heck of a set up you have there.

My '08 ryu is about the same size as your's. He's def been growing. I have a feeling that once he comes out of burmation hes going to grow like a weed. My other gu nami grew in this same way.

The captain

5 Year Member
Thanks for the compliment. It seems that monitor keepers have the most insane beautiful setups, and tegu keepers kind of just want to get the job done!

I think this should get the job done until he is ready for the big big big boaphile.
From the wikipedia definition of "brumation" i would say bean is exhibiting the process. He eats less, drinks more, and sits around even more than usual lol.

For a while i was concerned he may have MBD, but im thinking that tegus just dont walk very gracefully. I keep him under a mvb and a flourescent that is high up, but i dont dust his food. He gets 1 scrambled egg a week, 2 fuzzies, and the rest is turkey/liver mixup.

I see people posting huge tegus that are 2 years old and saying they are stunted, so i worried bean may not have grown enough, but if you say your giant is looking similar then that may be the standard.

The captain

5 Year Member
Thanks! he looks pretty good. His head is all brown, and doesnt have nice white saddles on his back. Nothing like beasty's tegu, otherwise i would have won the contest.

Thanks for the compliment. He is a family favorite!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not know about saddles, but he is 110% Giant. Look at the washing I noted many times about the giants, it looks like the black is washed in bleach:

Attachments

• IMG_5087.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 3
  • 9694573.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 2
  • Blizard16r.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 2

The captain

5 Year Member
Oh yeah, i dont doubt that he is 100 percent giant anymore. He is a great tegu. Just i guess his head wont turn white. its still brownish. Anyways, im hoping it turns out male.

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
The captain said:
Oh yeah, i dont doubt that he is 100 percent giant anymore. He is a great tegu. Just i guess his head wont turn white. its still brownish. Anyways, im hoping it turns out male.

Mine has the same brownish head. But it's werid cause whenenver I take him out in the sun it starts to lighten up and almost is completely white.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu